18" alloys 0n a 451 how are they?

• Hi, my name is Tony i am from England, i hope someone can read English, because
    sorry i cant write German, anyway here goes i have just joined your club as i get my all Silver 84bhp Passion coupe in September, my question is about the Silver 451 with 18" alloys (8.5x18" ET45 with 205/35 18 tyres)
    How is the drive with those alloys on.
    Do they catch the arches or anything else on the car when driving.
    Do they catch with full lock on.
    How is the acceleration and top speed affected.
    I love the look of the 18"s and fancy some myself, but just want make sure they are OK first.
    Hope this makes sense to somebody.
    Thanks, Tony.

• Hi Tony,

in my mind 18" alloys are to big. I'm quite sure that the wheels will rubber on the arches. Driving the car with these flat tyres will become quite uncomfortable. Apart from this you should keep in mind the costs. Tyres of that size are not that common as 17" or even 16" tyres are. That means they are expensive.

Using the 18" rims won't bring you any benefit apart from the cars look. IMHO 16" alloys are the best compromise.

Peter

P.S. If I may ask where from UK are you?

• Hi, thanks for your reply, i come from St Helens, England which is in between
    Manchester and Liverpool.
    I have now gone off the idea of 18" alloys, i have found some nice 7.5x17" AMG
    style alloys with offset ET47, i have got 3to5 stud adapters 20mm at front and
    25mm at rear these should look excellent.

• Zitat

Original von satan666
    ... which is in between Manchester and Liverpool.

Hmmm, a bit far from Brooklands methinks.

Perhaps you've read about the London to Berlin trip in October this year on the UK boards. We'll take part on the trip and meet at Brooklands on Sat., 4th October at midday. Would be nice to meet you there too.

Would also be nice to get some pics of your car after fitting the wheels you're going for.

Peter